Alas, the new year means it’s time to make New Year Resolutions! With my 25th birthday right around the corner, there’s no better way to ring in 2018 than by making fitness and wellness beauty resolutions!
- Play more. Sadly, last year I got away from coming home and doing looks with my makeup collection. This year I want to actually hit pan on a few products and put my collection to good use!
- Do less… to my skin that is. I spent way too much time and money in 2017 trying out all kinds of products I didn’t like or need and my skin paid the price. Over the past few months, I’ve been phasing steps out my routine and my skin has never looked better!
- Feed my skin. You are what you eat! I’ve learned this lesson the hard these growing up and this year I plan to continue to drink plenty of water, take my vitamins
- Sleep! Sleeping is crucial for so many of the basic functions we take from granted. I feel better when I’m well rested and I look better too!
- Shop indie. This may be the year I finally lose my VIB Rouge status! As a beauty blogger, I want to do a better job of seeing what’s out on the market, working with smaller brands and shopping at places other than big retailers like Sephora and Ulta
- Buy natural. I feel better putting natural ingredients into and onto my body. It provides a peace of mind for me that processed and synthetic materials can’t.
- Work out. My skin flourishes when I hit the gym. The extra circulation and water consumption does wonders for me hair. I’m going to start small by hitting the gym for a 20 minutes of cardio 1-2 times per week
- Return items I don’t like. It’s taken me 7 years to ask about Sephora’s return policy. SEVEN YEARS! While you shouldn’t buy items to return them, you certainly shouldn’t keep them if they aren’t working for you or upset/ irritate your skin
- Watch more tutorials. This may seem like an odd one to put on the list, but I really want to get better at certain makeup techniques this year and the only way I can do that is by practicing and watching other people.
- Facebook more! I am very much so an passive participant in the Facebook groups that I am a part of. This year, I want to get more involved giving advice and chiming in on conversation.
What are you looking to do more of in 2018? Any of these make your list? Comment below!